Executive Vice Chancellor
The Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor is responsible for providing vision and leadership in advancing the academic mission and implementing the instructional strategic objectives of the College.
- Promote excellence in all aspects of academic programming;
- Facilitate curriculum development and assessment of learning outcomes and propose more efficient academic-related institutional operations;
- Provide leadership and oversight of academic programs and services to include:
- Enrollment management
- Faculty standards
- Curriculum and articulation services
- Library services
- Admissions, records, and registration
- Financial aid
- Provide leadership in the development, enhancement, and review of academic policies and programs;
- Ensure academic programs comply with the governing rules and regulations and accreditation guidelines;
- Oversee the allocation and management of resources for academic affairs and the allocation of faculty positions
The Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor is expected to provide leadership within the community, as well as at the state and national level.
Pima Community College is located in Tucson, Arizona. Tucson, a multi-cultural city with a rich heritage, is surrounded by four ruggedly handsome mountain ranges and sits at an elevation over 2,500 feet. Located in the Sonoran desert, it is a verdant valley, home to the majestic Saguaro cactus. It offers an active lifestyle magnificent in hiking, biking, cultural events and a newly thriving downtown area with a variety of activities, festivals and fiestas.
Pima Community College opens its doors to more than 75,000 credit and non-credit students each year. Six campuses offer university-transfer programs, as well as occupational, developmental, general education, corporate training, and community education courses. Classes are offered at all campuses and approximately 100 other off-campus locations. Additional College facts may be found at Quick Facts.
Besides traditional class structuring, the College meets the needs of students by offering evening, weekend, year-round, telecommunication, and accelerated courses of instruction. Since service to our students is our highest priority, employees can expect to participate in innovative methods and flexible scheduling in keeping with the College’s vision "to provide access to learning without the limits of time, place or distance." Additional information about the College may be found at http://www.pima.edu.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the College's efforts toward meeting the Higher Learning Commission's criteria for accreditation;
- Provide overall academic leadership to the College;
- Provide leadership in College planning, particularly in academic matters;
- Provide overall leadership in the College's enrollment management program and promote it as an active college-wide process that establishes, implements, and evaluates an overall plan for attracting and educating students from pre-enrollment through the attainment of their educational goals;
- Align course programming with student needs;
- Provide stewardship for the general education program and academic advising;
- Forge partnerships with other educational institutions, community organizations, and private/public entities;
- Provide high-level assistance to the Chancellor and Board of Governors;
- Coordinate the development and administration of the budget for assigned functions;
- Represent the College to the community and outside organizations to promote the College.
Required Experience and Education:
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in an academic discipline is required with a Doctorate degree in an academic discipline preferred;
- Successful track record of leadership experience in an academic capacity;
- Five years of progressive leadership experience within a large complex academic organization at an executive administrator or executive level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Be an academic leader, a skilled and effective decision-maker, and a person of known integrity, sound judgment, and proven leadership ability;
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a complex academic organization and to work effectively with colleagues through the College;
- Possess the ability to evaluate academic programs, assess learning outcomes, and lead the accreditation process;
- Demonstrate commitment to the use of technology and information systems to support teaching and learning;
- Have knowledge of fiscal management within higher education including establishing budgets and resource allocation;
- Have experience with a broad range of disciplines and interdisciplinary programs;
- Possess skills in evaluating employee capabilities;
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Possess teaching experience at the college and/or university level.
Applications will be accepted via the job announcement on the Pima Jobs site at http://www.pima.edu/pima-jobs/index.html. This position will remain open until filled.
The application materials required are a letter of interest and a resume/CV.
- Resume/CV should be up-to-date and account for and describe all gaps in employment
- Letter of interest or cover letter should not exceed four pages, and should describe your knowledge, skills, abilities and experience related to the duties and responsibilities of the position, as well as the strengths you would bring to the assignment. Letters of interest/cover letters are not required to be addressed to a specific person or persons
If you are selected for hire, official transcripts are required to be received in Human Resources prior to your first day of work.
Please direct inquiries and nominations to the college’s search consultant: Angela Provart, President, Pauly Group, Inc., 3901 Wood Duck Drive, Suite E, Springfield, Illinois 62711. Telephone: 217-241-5400; E-Mail: email@example.com; Fax: 217-241-5401.
To request a reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities, please contact http://www.pima.edu/pima-jobs/contact-us.html
The interim currently in place is a temporary appointment and will not be applying for the permanent position.
At this stage of the process, applicants are not required to submit transcripts. However, official transcripts are required before the chosen candidate can be hired.