Founded in 1912, Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC) is Wisconsin’s largest technical college and is the state’s largest majority-minority college; 57% of students identify themselves as a minority. MATC offers more than 200 associate degree, technical diploma, certificate and apprenticeship programs within six academic schools. Our employees play a key role in the transformation and advancement of our students.
In addition to the Downtown Milwaukee Campus, MATC students are welcomed at the Mequon Campus, Oak Creek Campus, West Allis Campus, the Health Education Center, and the Education Center at Walker’s Square. Total enrollment is nearly 37,000 students. MATC employs around 1,250 full-time faculty and staff and just over 400 part-time faculty and staff. The 2016-17 fiscal year operating budget was $178 million. Additional information may be found at the college’s website, www.matc.edu.
The Vice President of Human Resources is an important and valued member of the President's Cabinet. The VP of HR strategically leads the Human Resources Department using best policies, practices and trends in the industry. This position will develop a high performance culture that emphasizes engagement, empowerment, quality standards, goal attainment, recruiting and retaining talent as well the development and growth of a superior workforce. The VP will champion and role model the values of the college and drive a service-oriented culture by promoting the college's customer service standards. The VP will help to strategically position the college as a preferred and best-place to work employer in the district.
The VP of HR will serve as a change agent for systems and processes related to talent management, succession planning, equity and inclusion, multiculturalism, innovation, collaboration, employee recognition, compensation and benefits programs, legal compliance, data analysis and other HR systems.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or related field; a Master's degree, law degree or SPHR designation is preferred; and ten (10) years of progressively responsible professional level experience in labor relations, employment, compensation, benefits, and human resources management, seven (7) of which must have been in an administrative management capacity.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in an educational institution or in the public sector; any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to include the following:
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of human resources administration in a public educational setting.
- Extensive knowledge of labor relations, compensation, benefits, human resources information systems, and employment functions.
- Experience in the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Experience in working with all levels of employees within a large and complex organization similar to MATC.
- Ability to do public speaking and to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
- Ability to handle complex administrative situations and problems.
- Ability to work with persons from different socio-economic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds; and has a commitment to enhancing diversity throughout organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the MATC Board, employees, students, representatives from outside organizations and the general public.
Printable Position Profile
Please direct inquiries and nominations to the College's search consultant: Angela Provart, President Pauly Group, Inc., 3901 Wood Duck Drive, Suite E Springfield, IL 62711, Phone: 217-241-5400, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply online at the MATC website and attach a current resume.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with materials submitted by Wednesday, December 5, 2018 receiving priority consideration. All applications are confidential and references will not be contacted without the expressed authorization of the applicant.