Since 1961, Delta College has shown how the dreams invested in one institution can impact the lives of thousands. Delta has transformed our community by providing an affordable education, a skilled workforce and the means to think big about the future.
Through the collaboration and innovation of 300 civic-minded individuals who saw the need for a top-quality community college in mid-Michigan, Delta College was created to serve Bay, Midland and Saginaw counties.
Delta College opened in 1961 with 2,600 students, and now enrolls about 9,000 annually. Students range from high school students taking dual-enrollment classes to older adults returning to college to enhance their skills.
Today, Delta continues to value collaboration and innovation as we lead the way in community college education. From our involvement as a founding member in the League for Innovation in the Community College to our commitment to Achieving the Dream as a Leader College, Delta College continues to learn and grow as we encourage our students to do the same.
Facts and Figures
The main campus has been expanded and renovated a number of times throughout the years as we continue to offer students the best learning equipment and technology available. And to provide more convenience, Delta College has three established centers in Bay City, Midland and Saginaw.
It is Delta's mission, vision and values that are the driving force behind everything we do. We think big about our future, and encourage you to do the same.
Delta College serves the Great Lakes Bay Region by educating, enriching and empowering our diverse community of learners to achieve their personal, professional and academic goals.
Delta College is our communities' first choice to learn, work and grow.
Delta College is a diverse learning-centered community based on integrity and respect. From a foundation of leadership, we use innovation and teamwork to achieve excellence.
- Diversity - We actively promote, advocate, respect and value differences. We foster a welcoming environment of openness and appreciation for all.
- Integrity - We are committed to honesty, ethical conduct and responsibility.
- Respect - We stand for trust, caring, loyalty and academic freedom.
- Excellence - We support outstanding achievement in our students, employees and communities. We have a passion for quality and strive for continuous improvement.
- Leadership - We create and communicate inspirational visions for results. We are accountable to our communities.
- Innovation - We rejoice in creative change. We are flexible, agile, and risk-taking.
- Teamwork - We foster communication and collaboration across boundaries, and support shared governance.
- Learning-Centered Community - We are an engaging, inclusive, diverse learning organization. We focus on academic excellence, civic responsibility and community leadership.
Under the direction of the President, the Vice President of Student & Educational Services provides strong leadership in planning, developing, administering, coordinating and evaluating the college's student success services programs, recommending and administering student success services related policies and procedures, and collaborating with appropriate areas of the college to ensure student success. The Vice President will provide administrative leadership to the operations of services related to successful student recruitment, retention, completion, transfer and community outreach which encompasses admissions, records, registration, learning centers, dual enrollment, financial aid, academic advising, academic counselling, career development, job placement, athletics, student life, public safety, multicultural services, and services for students with disabilities.
This position is responsible for leading the College’s partnerships that involve public and private secondary schools, four-year colleges, universities, surrounding communities and business organizations. The Vice President of Student & Educational Services demonstrates an energizing commitment to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion in student, faculty and staff. The Vice President of Student & Educational Services serves as the chief presidential advisor for the development, revision and accurate implementation of student related policies and procedures.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- History of innovative and strategically inclusive leadership practices.
- Master's degree or equivalent knowledge and skills. Doctorate in higher education with community college focus preferred.
- An understanding of and commitment to the community college’s inclusive philosophy and best practices.
- Innovative and strategic methods to promote, grow and sustain student success.
- Proven leadership in the administration of technology trends and applications in all areas that vitalizes successful student services programs and activities.
- Broad knowledge of all areas in student success services.
Printable Position Profile
Please direct inquiries and nominations to the College’s search consultant: Angela Provart, President - Pauly Group, Inc., 3901 Wood Duck Drive, Suite E, Springfield, IL 62711, Phone: 217-241-5400, Fax: 217-241-5401, E-mail: email@example.com.
Please submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org the following documents as Adobe Acrobat or MS Word attachments: (1) a cover letter that addresses the Opportunity Overview; (2) a current résumé; and (3) names and contact information of five professional references.
The committee will begin review of applications immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with materials submitted by Monday, March 9, 2020 receiving priority consideration. All applications are confidential and references will not be contacted without the expressed authorization of the applicant.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check and drug screen.