About the Colorado Community College System
The Colorado Community College System (CCCS) is the state’s largest system of higher education, serving approximately 137,000 students annually at 13 colleges and 39 locations across Colorado. Our open access mission ensures all Coloradans who aspire to enrich their lives have access to quality higher education opportunities. CCCS students save time and money with affordable tuition and fees, concurrent enrollment, and guaranteed transfer to any public university in Colorado. Online courses are available via Colorado Community Colleges Online. CCCS also oversees career and technical programs in our 13 colleges, more than 160 school districts, and six other post-secondary institutions. By partnering with business and industry, CCCS helps employers meet workforce needs and prepares students for direct entry to their chosen career pathway. The vast majority of our students are Colorado residents and, after graduation, 97% of our students stay in state, becoming the workforce that powers the Colorado economy and the heart of our neighborhoods, businesses, and communities.
Colorado Community College System Fact Sheet
Community College of Aurora
Vice President for Administrative Services/Chief Financial Officer
The Community College of Aurora is a diverse, tight-knit community that offers quality education at two convenient locations and online. Students leave our college prepared for the next stage of their lives, whether in the workforce or at a four-year institution.
The Community College of Aurora is located in the highly diverse, vibrant and growing city of Aurora, Colorado. Our exceptional faculty and staff, small classes, affordable tuition, and academic programs help students seamlessly transfer or identify employment opportunities after graduation. Both campuses are friendly and accessible, which means that everyone is welcome here, and we take that seriously. We are one of the most diverse student populations of any institution in Colorado and we believe that our diversity enriches the lives of our faculty, staff, and students – both on and off campus. We have implemented an “inclusive excellence” initiative where everyone is respected, supported, and included. The Community College of Aurora aspires to be the college where every student succeeds and realizes their potential.
Community College of Aurora Fact Sheet
This full-time position reports to the College President and is responsible for the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of the Administrative Services Division of the Community College of Aurora. This position oversees the Fiscal Affairs Department, which includes Accounting, Purchasing, Cashier’s, Grants & Contracts along with providing oversight to the Facilities Department, Information Technology Department and our Auxiliary Services (Cafeteria and Bookstore).
Click here for a complete job description and required qualifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, business administration, accounting, public administration or other closely-related field
- 5 years of experience in financial accounting, auditing or public/nonprofit accounting, including the management of fiscal policies and procedures
- 6 years of supervisory experience in a leadership role
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, fiscal and risk management
- Knowledge of and experience with procurement processes, financial controls, and regulatory compliance
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Public Administration, or related field
- Experience at the senior leadership role
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Additional preference for dual certification as Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or Certified Financial Manager (CFM)
- Experience in higher education, preferably at a community college
- The ability to serve as an agent of change and ability to demonstrate integrity in a highly visible position
- Ability to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate and communicate with others
- The ability to deal effectively with individual and teams from diverse backgrounds
- The ability to provide quality customer service
- Experience using BANNER accounting system
- Knowledge of Colorado Community College Systems Standard Accounting Procedures (SAP)
Printable Text Profile
Provide a detailed cover letter addressing the minimum and preferred qualifications, a resume or CV, and a minimum of three professional references and their contact information. Submit materials in PDF or Word format to: Angela Provart, President, Pauly Group, Inc., 3901 Wood Duck Drive, Ste. E, Springfield, IL 62711, mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.paulygroup.com
The search committee is reviewing applications as they are received. This position is open until filled. Please submit application materials at your earliest convenience.
Unofficial transcripts will be required at the time of interview. Official transcripts are required at the time the chosen candidate begins his/her post with the college. All applications are confidential and references will not be contacted without the expressed permission of the applicant.
Please direct inquiries and nominations to the college’s search consultant: Angela Provart, President, Pauly Group, Inc., 217/241-5400 or email to: email@example.com