CCBC, which first opened its doors to accessible, affordable, high quality education in 1957, is now the largest provider of higher education in Maryland, serving some 63,000 students annually with the region’s most expansive selection of degree, certificate and workplace certification programs. A nimble college on the cutting edge, CCBC prides itself on developing and delivering market-driven new programs, services and learning modalities that prepare students for transfer, job entry and career advancement in local job growth industries across business, education, health care, information technology, cybersecurity, construction and transportation sectors.
A destination college for leaders who share in its steadfast commitment to student success, CCBC remains one of the nation’s top associate degree producers and is nationally renowned for its expertise in accelerating learning in English, math and reading, for its unique Culturally Responsive Teaching and Training program, and for its guided, academic Pathways–all of which have positioned CCBC to make notable strides in student outcomes and completion rates.
Each year, more than 13,000 CCBC students earn degrees, certificates and workplace certifications that prepare them for transfer, job entry and career advancement. A health care and technology education powerhouse, CCBC educates more undergraduates in Nursing and other health care professions than any other college or university in Maryland and is designated by the Department of Homeland Security and the National Security Agency as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cybersecurity Education.
CCBC is among an elite group of community colleges nationally, and the only one in the state of Maryland to earn the title of Military Times Best for Vets Colleges—for the past three consecutive years. CCBC was also named one of just 10 members of the inaugural class of Excellence in Assessment designees, a new national program aimed at recognizing universities conducting a comprehensive assessment of student learning outcomes as a means to drive internal improvement and advance student success.
Partnerships with global corporations like Amazon and regional ones like Alban CAT demonstrate CCBC’s influence as a workforce development engine for the Baltimore metropolitan region. CCBC is a frequent recipient of million dollar investments and grants to bolster the outstanding work the college is doing to educate and train the region’s workforce.
CCBC’s tremendous impact on the local economy has positioned it well among elected and public school officials, business and community leaders, and partner institutions of learning. Baltimore County’s endorsement of the College Promise program covering tuition and fees for “promising” recent high school students to attend CCBC; Goldman Sachs’ tapping CCBC to help deliver the education training for its 10,000 Small Businesses in Baltimore expansion; Baltimore County Public Schools’ opening of partner Early College and P-TECH high schools; the $1 million investment by the W. Mellon Foundation to support Humanities education and establish the Mellon Scholars Program for CCBC Honors program students at Johns Hopkins University; and the region’s $57.3 million contribution to CCBC’s first comprehensive fundraising campaign are recent examples of the college’s solid recognition and esteem within both the public and private sectors.
CCBC’s stature has also enabled it to solidify funding for state-of-the art learning facilities, including a $39.7 million new Mathematics and Science Hall, a $3.5 million Cybersecurity Institute and a $65 million Health Careers and Technology Building expected to open in 2020. Beyond the classroom, some 3 million local residents each year enjoy the college’s outstanding performing arts, galleries, planetarium and athletic facilities.
CCBC is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. In addition, CCBC has earned extensive specialized accreditations, approvals, and industry-specific distinctions. Most recently, CCBC earned accreditation by the National Association of Schools of Dance (NASD), which makes CCBC one of only two community colleges in the nation to hold national accreditation in all four arts disciplines – Theatre, Music, Dance and Visual Arts.
CCBC is ideally located, surrounding a large metropolitan area in central Maryland, with three full service campuses: CCBC Catonsville, CCBC Dundalk, and CCBC Essex. These locations provide students with the full college experience and offer a wide variety of classes, training programs, events, activities and other support services.
Over the years, CCBC has added additional centers in Hunt Valley, Owings Mills and Randallstown, bringing education even closer to home and work. CCBC also offers classes on site at Baltimore County Public School and employer workforce training locations.
Additionally, CCBC Online offers more than 20 online degree and certificate options, from Accounting and Nursing to General Studies.
CCBC primarily serves residents in the surrounding Baltimore County and neighboring areas of the Baltimore metropolitan community, while CCBC’s online, veteran and international student populations continue to grow. Many students from throughout the state of Maryland also enroll in one of nearly 50 high-demand statewide or health workforce shortage programs, at CCBC’s affordable in-county tuition rate.
Mission, Vision and Values
The Community College of Baltimore County transforms lives by providing an accessible, affordable, and high-quality education that prepares students for transfer and career success, strengthens the regional workforce, and enriches our community.
We will be the college of choice for students, where together we make teaching purposeful, learning powerful, completion primary, and community paramount.
- Commitment - We prepare our students to succeed and make progress toward the completion of their educational goals through degree or certificate attainment, transfer, workplace certification, career enhancement, or personal enrichment.
- Learning - We are committed to seeing our students grow as active learners, develop a passion for life long learning, and use what they have learned to their benefit.
- Innovation - We value innovation and support a climate of discovery. We encourage students, faculty and staff to explore new ideas, methods and processes.
- Responsibility - We have high expectations for the work of our faculty and staff, the academic rigor of our offerings, the scholarship of our students, and the involvement of the community and workplace in the college’s future.
- Integrity - We inspire public trust by maintaining ethical and collaborative relationships with our faculty, students, staff, alumni and communities. We share our achievements and challenges honestly and openly. We insist upon fairness, mutual respect, collegiality and civility at all times.
- Inclusiveness - We value the diversity of people, cultures, ideas and viewpoints and honor the dignity of all persons. We are committed to preparing students to be active citizens, ready to meet the challenges of an increasingly diverse world and a changing global marketplace.
- Excellence - We emphasize quality as a standard for all we do and consistently look for ways to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Stewardship - We develop sustainable fiscal and environmental practices to prudently manage our resources toward advancing the college’s mission and strategic directions.
- Collaboration - We foster continuous dialogue among students, faculty and staff and support ongoing cooperative relationships with our partners in the community regarding their educational, cultural, recreational and workforce needs.
Lead administrator for onboarding and student success services including recruitment and admissions, enrollment services, registrar, early college/dual enrollment initiatives, and financial aid services. Provides vision, leadership, and direction for the implementation and effectiveness of services and activities designed to support successful navigation of the enrollment process. Administrative responsibilities include hiring, supervising and evaluating program staff; implementation, monitoring and evaluation of services; establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with administrators, faculty, students and external constituents; in addition to maintaining fiscal and programmatic accountability.
Link to full job description
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in student services administration, educational administration, management or closely related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in enrollment management and enrollment services, preferably for a multi-campus college.
- Minimum of three (3) years of recent experience providing supervision and leadership to admissions, recruitment, or enrollment staff, preferably within a community college environment.
- Demonstrated experience in research and the use and application of data and technology to achieve enrollment and student success outcomes and goals.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing with less than five (5) moving violation points as the position requires travel to all campuses and other locations.
- Strategic, forward thinking leader with excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Evidence of enrollment success as measured by recruitment, admissions and yield.
- Ability to create and employ a multi-faceted, integrated strategic plan that drives successful outcomes across the division.
- Proven ability to align resources and develop processes that create a positive and engaging customer experience for students enrolling at CCBC.
- Demonstrated ability in developing, implementing and evaluating enrollment management strategies that support the college’s mission and market-driven program priorities.
- Demonstrated ability in developing, implementing, and evaluating strategic enrollment management practices that meet the unique needs of disparate audiences including online learners, high school students, and employed, underemployed and military-connected adults.
- Demonstrated ability with adapting and advancing the use of technology including but not limited to customer relationship management, data analysis and business intelligence.
- Demonstrated ability with student information systems (e.g. Banner) interpreting data from admissions, financial aid, registration and student finance modules to forecast, analyze, evaluate and provide continuous quality improvement.
- Capacity to collaborate with and facilitate initiatives with college-wide stakeholders, including academic leadership, key administrators, faculty and staff.
- Knowledge and understanding the value of non-credit instruction and its role in overall enrollment management at the college.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead an effective, diverse, complex organization.
- Proven success in establishing and managing multiple priorities that drive outcomes in a fast-paced, complex work environment.
- Knowledge of current and developing legislation, standards, trends, policies and procedures within specialty area.
Printable Position Profile
Please direct inquiries and nominations to the College’s search consultant: Angela Provart, President Pauly Group, Inc., 3901 Wood Duck Drive, Suite E, Springfield, IL 62711, Phone: 217-241-5400, Fax: 217-241-5401, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit electronically to email@example.com the following documents as Adobe Acrobat or MS Word attachments: (1) a cover letter that addresses the Opportunity Overview listed in the position profile; (2) a current résumé; and (3) names and contact information of five professional references.
For best consideration, application materials should be submitted by Monday, November 11, 2019. The committee will begin review of applications immediately. All applications are confidential and references will not be contacted without the expressed authorization of the applicant.